Thursday, June 25, 2009

Pumpkin Party Table Runner

Even with all the help we gave Momcat, I am not happy with the results of the Pumpkin Party Table Runner. Perhaps she was too busy with the DAWG to do her best work.

Sundance helped her set the zigzag stitch.


Trouble seemed to like the setting on the iron for the Pellon fusible web.



And here's the result.


We still need to sew the leaves and stems onto the pumpkins and then sew all three jack-o'lanterns together.

What would I insist Momcat do differently?

  1. Make sure all the stripes go up and down, rather than horizontally. The design element she chose of making only the center jack-o'lantern having vertical stripes displeases me.
  2. Do a better job on that zigzag stitch! I can see some of the stitching going too far into the base of the fabric rather than the applique. Not acceptable!
  3. Enlarge the stem slightly. Although we followed the pattern directions, and the pattern is adorable, I think a stem at least a fraction larger would be more appealing when combining the pumpkins into a table runner.
  4. Clip the curves in the leaf applique a bit better.
Momcat is going to finish this and turn it into the shop, but I'm insisting she do a better job and replace them as soon as possible.


I've assumed my post on the new orange fabric. I will be obeyed!

Don't mess with me,
Pi

6 comments:

Jennifer said...

Oh, Pi, don't give momcat a hard time on this - I think it is very cute, and with enough halloween candy sprinkled around it, no one will notice those things you picked out!

SewCalGal said...

Your Pumpkin Party table runner is very cute. Now I want to make one.

Your four legged helpers are so cute. They look like they really like to help.

Thanks for sharing.

SewCalGal
www.sewcalgal.blogspot.com

animal lover, quilt lover said...

Pi, Momcat doesn't need you to pick on her, she just needs your support! The table runner is beautiful!

Vesuviusmama said...

Piwacket, you are awfully critical for one who doesn't have opposable thumbs! I'd like to see you do better. Good job, Momcat - I think it is adorable!

sewfunquilts said...

Boy, you sure get critical sometimes Pi! I think it's cute.

I invite you to visit my blog today to enter my first FREE giveaway! Thanks.

animal lover, quilt lover said...

Glad everything is O.K.