Our regularly scheduled post of weekend accomplishments will be back next week at its usual time. We apologize for this postponement. Momcat's inattention to her stated agenda is due to the fact that she GOT A DAWG!!!
Since Maggie came home on Saturday morning very little else on our list has been done. It's Maggie this and Maggie that and "Oh, isn't she adorable" or "Gosh, let's count the number of times she pooped so far today." It's positively beneath me to express how truly disgusted I am.
She has tried to play with me a few times. Usually I ignore her. I did smartly slap her on the nose once and then went on my way.
I'll at least list the few things that we DID get done, not counting all the hours on puppy-duty.
* Quilted a Christmas table runner
* Did some piecing on a charity quilt
* Did 4 loads of laundry
* Cut the front yard and about 1/4 of the back
* Spent quality time with friend Jill, and watched the premiere of "The No.1 Ladies' Detective Agency." Loved it!
* Quilted a Kids Comfort quilt on Jill's long-arm
* Watched "Taken" with Philip. REALLY GOOD!
* Got groceries
* Vacuumed the upstairs
I guess she wasn't as much of a slacker as I thought she was. I did like the fact that we spent some time in the sewing room. I took my usual spot on the ironing board and Maggie slept at Momcat's feet. The hum of the sewing machine didn't phase her. Maybe there's hope for this canine after all.
11 months ago