Wednesday, October 21, 2009

We're Moving!

Momcat says we're moving as soon as she and CatDaddy finalize their divorce. Apparently, that means bad things for us four-legged family members.

I'm hearing words such as:

  • Painting
  • Plumber
  • Carpet cleaning and repair
  • Lots of strange people
  • Cleaning each and every day
  • Decluttering
  • Landscaping
She says we're going somewhere called North Carolina. That sounds like a far, far away place to me.

Momcat met with a thing called a lawyer on Monday, came home very happy but kind of nervous, too. "I had no idea how much paperwork and planning was going to be involved in all of this,"  she said.

Even though she just had me start a Yahoo group, the truth is we won't have time to moderate it. If you had already joined The Crafty Angels, you've received an email from Momcat about it.  Maybe down the road (literally) when we get settled into our new digs and new life, the group could be resurrected.

Piwacket:  Is there catnip in North Carolina?

Momcat:   Of course, sweetie. Catnip can be found everywhere.

Piwacket:  Are Logan, Trouble, Butch and Sundance coming?

Momcat:  I wouldn't leave any of you behind.

Piwacket:  So Maggie is moving with us, too?

Momcat:  Naturally.

Piwacket:  Darn.

Momcat: We probably won't really move until the summer, or about then, anyway. We'll go from being buckeyes to tarheels.

Piwacket: I have no idea what you're talking about. You human beans sometimes say the dumbest things.

Momcat: You may be right, Pi. You just may be right.

14 comments:

Nancy said...

Moving is never easy... but it does give you a fresh start. Where in NC are you going?

Tricia said...

Good luck with your new life!

I just wanted to say that Maggie is absolutely adorable! I have a Maggie mutt too...choc lab and unknown.

Becky said...

We have this beginning over in common. I wish it were under different circumstances. My pets have already been divided and seem to be here there and everywhere. I am glad that yours will get to move with you. I haven't gone to the lawyer's office yet...it is scheduled for the third...but the every other weekends without the girls is really odd. And the fact that he has already been in his new apartment on the other side of the state for almost a month is overwhelming to me. And so was the packet I am supposed to have filled out "as much as possible" by the time I go in. What a life even that is no fun. If you ever need an understanding ear...I am here for you. On my blog, http://becky-mccoy.blogspot.com or email meek1mccoy@yahoo.com
I pretty much avoid the phone right now...so those two ways truly are the easiest. Or Becky Meeker in the Jefferson City/Columbia area on Facebook. So sorry that you are having to experience such things.
Becky

Darling Jill Quilts said...

It sounds like you got good news from the lawyer. North Carolina is closer to you parents, right? And Bonnie Hunter! A bonus! :)

I'm truely sorry that you are going through this.

Jennifer said...

New homes always bring new adventures, but I sure will miss the opportunity to see you once a year or so. So glad we're connected in blogland so we can keep in touch.

Pat said...

LOTS of quilters in NC......I'm sure you will do fine but it's all so overwhelming in the beginning. Pi will help you through it...I'm sure!!!

Rebag said...

Just stopping by to say hi and wish you the best in a new adventure....North Carolina is beautiful and given time your new life will be as well!!

sewfunquilts said...

Look at this as a new beginning, not the end.....and treat yourself well, and get lots of purring, petting, & loving from Pi and the Gang.

I too experienced this divorce thing and there are definitely blessings out there for you. Good luck with everything there is to do now. We all are here for you when you need us.

SewCalGal said...

To MomCat: My apologies for not being a better blogging friend. I'm truly sorry to learn that you are going thru a divorce. Many hugs. Many hugs.

To PiWacket: You will enjoy North Carolina very much. Your MomCat and DadCat love you very much, even if they can no longer be happy together.

To all: Life will go on, even though the road may have some painful bumps. I do think you'll enjoy life in North Carolina. And please know there are many, including me, who really do care about you very much.

Many hugs!

SewCalGal
www.sewcalgal.blogspot.com

Kim said...

A new start!
I've done this and so can you!
Yes you can.......believe in yourself, pray for guidance, keep those that love you close, and make a new life for yourself!
Hey, I did it with a 6 year old daughter and 11 year son.....23 years later all I can say is
"Life is Good!".

Happy Sewing,
Kim

Searchfamilies said...

Good luck with the move & your new life it never easy starting out again Prayers for you to do it as smoothly as possible
Hugs Janice

CatQuilter said...

It takes a brave woman to start a new life. Having something to look forward to is a great way of getting through the paperwork and crapola you'll face as the divorce process continues. I'll keep you in my prayers.

No matter where you go or what you do, you are and always will be my dear friend.

Hugs on a rainy Friday!
Cathy

Myra said...

8-)
I wish you much luck and success in this next stage you'll be going through...

KeyQuilter said...

Gosh, just reading about your changes brings tears to my eyes! I hope it's ok to add you to my prayer list. Hug all the furbies for me!
heirloomquilting.blogspot.com