Friday, September 25, 2009

Shop Top Done






This is a Nine Patch Star top that Momcat, Maggie and I just finished for the shop. I love the cheerful yellow and blue, and the white print background is a lot of fun. Making a simple baby quilt like this goes quickly and there's almost immediate gratification in completing a top within just a few hours of work.

This goes to the shop tomorrow for quilting and then will be on display within the next few weeks.

It's been raining here all week. Momcat is still struggling mightily to breathe. I've heard her mention the possibility of moving somewhere in the next few years where allergies, sinus problems and her asthma wouldn't flair up so much. Unfortunately, I don't think such a place exists on this earth.


GIVEAWAY #4 CLOSED -- All the entries for Giveaway #4 are closed and I'll pick a winner soon. Thanks for joining in my birthday celebration. Linda, I'll be sending out your Giveaway #3 win early next week.


Now, go to your room and sew for at least 15 minutes. I mean it!



Purrs,
Piwacket

9 comments:

CatQuilter said...

Pi, Tell your mom to take it easy. We missed her last night.

Hugs,
Cathy

Robin (RsIslandCrafts) said...

Your quilt top is beautiful! I love the blue and yellow together.

I'm down south in Florida and the allergies, asthma and sinus problems aren't any better here :( I suffer from all those too. I just suffer during different times of the year. We are coming into our allergy season (winter) here (at least for me).

Granny Lyn said...

I'm so sorry to hear about Momcat's asthma, my family is full of it, so I know what she's going through, tell her to take it easy! I'll bet her purring is louder than yours!

I love that 9-patch, I've been in a 9-patch groove lately, so this is right up my alley! (get it, alley, cat,,,sorry, just couldn't help it!)

Shellie said...

We are all suffering here also with allergies and sinuses. I think it is just bad this year. The weather is wacky too. Go south!! or Arizona. NY has it bad.
Love the blues and yellows. Great quilt.

sewfunquilts said...

Sorry Mom cat is not feeling up to par! Love the quilt and the 9 patch is a great one; you can do so many diff. things with it.

Gina said...

Love the quilt.

Tell Momcat to take care of herself

Love and hugs Gina xxx

Linda Lee said...

This is an awesome top! I love it! The colors are great! Alright--I will take 15 minutes to work on Bonnie's mystery Christmas Lights!

Vesuviusmama said...

I wish I could go sew for 15 minutes, but I'm traveling. How about visiting blogs for another 15 minutes? Great quick and easy top!

Carol said...

Love the quilt. very cheerful and bright.

Tennessee, unfortunately, is not the best place to live if you have allergies and/or asthma. Great place to visit though :)