Sunday, September 5, 2010

Stash Report Sunday - September 5, 2010

Are you sitting down? I'm going to let Momcat herself explain why she brought home 33 yards of fabric this week. I'm not kidding. 33 yards!!!


I know. I know. I'm shocked myself. I have been so good about busting what I have, especially since money is very tight. So here's what happened.

A local yarn and fabric store decided to close out their quilting side and concentrate solely on the yarn/knitting section. The close-out price on their quilt-quality fabric was 80% off. Yep, I paid only $1.80 per yard for lovely quilting fabrics.

Here's a picture of what I brought home. I'm really happy about the fat quarters that read as solids. I'll be able to get a lot of use out of them.



I didn't do any sewing this week. I'm now working 14 hour days plus 1.5 hours in the car. That means saving my hobby time for the weekend. Today is my cleaning day, particularly since my son is having guests over tonight for a Fantasy Football draft. Tomorrow is a blessed day off and a full day of sewing. Yippee!

Used this Week:               0 yards 
Used year to Date:          134.75 yards
Added this Week:               33 yards
Added Year to Date:         81.25  yards

 
Net Used for 2010:     53.5 yards

You can see how everyone is doing by visiting Judy's blog here.



Happiness is.....

...a talented daughter-in-law.  Niki is an actress and artist. She and my son, Darren, live in Los Angeles. I received a surprise package from Niki that included this lovely hand-painted bookmark she made for me. I'm an avid reader and often am working through several books at a time. I so appreciate anyone who shares their talents with others. 


Now it's time to get out the Swiffer. Pi, you're just going to have to wait until tomorrow for me to play with all that new fabric. I'm glad you're keeping watch over it until then.

 

Love and hugs,
Momcat/Linda

12 comments:

Barb said...

What a wonderful deal you got....I am over here just envious.

Cindy said...

Good for you. It would have been crazy for you to pass up such a great sale. You'll get lots of use out of your fabric. If I haven't said it already congrats on the job. I'm still looking but I know something will turn up.

Ariane said...

Wow!! What a great deal!!! I would have bought 33 yards too!!!

Jacque. said...

WOW, you scored!!! I wouldn't have been able to pass that up, either! And, the fabrics look great.

Laurie said...

I'm surprised you stopped at 33 yards... You'll NEED lots of backs in the coming years...

kwiltnkats said...

I've got to admit that I'm thinking like several others....I'm not sure I could have passed up $1.80 for good quality cotton! You scored on this one.

Linda Lee said...

Wow! How did you stop at 33 yards! Now comes the hard part--What to do with it!!!

Susan said...

What a great and exciting deal! I wouldn't have been able to pass that up either. I also love bookmarks and your new one is just beautiful, and made just for you with love (which is the best kind).

Lori said...

Nice job on the fabrics. I'm sure you will be keeping a close eye on mom cat to make sure, she uses it for your testing.

Tamera said...

I don't think any of us would be able to pass that up!

At least you knew exactly what you were buying...you were aware of what you were buying and why. I think that's one of the benefits of keeping track of your stash.

SewCalGal said...

PiWacket I think you should be really proud of MomCat for her great shopping skills. I've never found such a good deal. And I'm sure MomCat will make MANY beautiful items with these yummy fabrics. Yeap, I think you should be very proud of MomCat. I know I am.

Plus, MomCat is helping the economy. Her efforts might actually help an employer hire another employee, as their business is doing so well.

Great job MomCat!

SewCalGal
www.sewcalgal.blogspot.com

Quiltsmiles said...

I think it's a very justified gain and Mom Cat doesn't need to explain. It's all about being in the right place at the right time. VBG! Lucky You!
Jane