Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Objectionable Content? and a Finish

In the "Things That Make You Go Huh?" Department, someone flagged my blog as having objectionable content and my account was disabled until about five minutes ago. Momcat and I have poured over previous postings and asked ourselves the following questions:

  • Did we post anything hateful?
  • Did we insult a particular religion, race, nationality or gender?
  • Did we break the copyright law?
  • Was Maggie's spelling quiz using Poo just too much for someone?
Whatever it was we did, the Blogger folks at google must have decided that we aren't so objectionable after all.

So a request to the readers out there; if there is indeed something you find objectionable about this blog, please be kind and courageous enough to leave a comment to that effect rather than somehow alerting the whole blogger community to how awful I've made you feel.

Now, onto something completely different...

The Christmas Ribbons quilt pattern written by Jan Doench of Best Friends Quilt Shoppe is a finished top. Here it is on the design wall waiting ready to be quilted.

This picture gives you a good idea of the size. It's the perfect size for a child or two to cuddle under on a sofa while waiting for Santa Claus.


The next project for the shop is an apron. Details to follow.

Momcat is heading to Indianapolis for a few days in order to attend a lecture and two workshops by Bonnie Hunter of Quiltville. I will miss her, but I'm glad she gets to go with her friends (Jill, Becca, Jennifer and Cathy). She promises to take her camera along and come back with lots of pictures to post.

Logan and I had to hit the catnip pretty hard when I couldn't get to my blog. Here we are suffering our hangover when what commercial should appear on the telly?? Of course, Momcat won't let us take aspirin, but she found it amusing anyway. Chuckling at our misery. I object! I strongly object!


Your feline fantasy,
Piwacket

7 comments:

Feedsack Fantasy said...

Shame on that person!!! Sorry they put you thru this, there are some stinkers out there.

Love the projects, you are so creative.
TTFN ~Marydon

Becca Quilts said...

Maybe it was objectionable content to someone who doesn't like quilts or cats?

Jennifer said...

I agree with becca...must have been a dog person! The new christmas ribbons quilt looks great. It looks a lot like the Star Struck one you're doing in Bonnie's class later this week, doesn't it?

Darling Jill Quilts said...

Hey now!! Don't go blaming the community of dog people! :)

What a bummer! Glad its all straightened out now! Love the quilts!

Joy said...

What a rotten thing to do!!! For the life of me I can't imagine what they could have found "objectionable" on your blog (???), I find it simply delightful!!
Love your Christmas Ribbons quilt :o)!
Hugs,
Joy :o)

animal lover, quilt lover said...

Hi Pi & Momcat,
This blog is the last one to be found objectionable! So gald it got straighen out!
Hugs Fern

BitnByAQuiltingBug said...

I've never seen anything objectionable on your blog. Maybe someone just hit that button by mistake? Love the ribbon quilt. It turned out great. Glad to hear you loved Julie and Julia, too. I'm going to see it with some g/f's Friday! And...have popcorn...wooohooooo!