Sunday, August 1, 2010

Stash Report Sunday - August 1, 2010

It's a new month!  August is usually pretty busy around here. That's when Momcat realizes that it's back to the classroom soon and all those projects around the house that we were going to get done over a long summer are still on the "to do" list.

This summer was a bit unusual since we had to wait for the magistrate's decision regarding the property trial between Momcat and CatDaddy. Just about a week ago we found out that we get to keep the house. That means Momcat and Philip will do some cleaning up and get the family photographs out of boxes. I for one am glad that I don't have to get used to a new location. You know how we cats enjoy our ownership of a space.

Now for the stash report. I helped Momcat cut up some more novelty fabrics to make a twin-size version of "Go Fish," the I Spy quilt in the previous post. There's a group at church called Kate's Cupboard, a non-profit charity to help young mothers in need. A fund-raiser is coming up in October and we think a quilt is just the thing to donate to the auction!

Used this Week:               1.5 yards yards
Used year to Date:      119  yards
Added this Week:             0 yards
Added Year to Date:    47.75   yards

 
Net Used for 2010:     71.25 yards

Patchwork Times by Judy Laquidara is the place to keep up with all of us brave enough to track our stash and report on it. How are you doing with yours?

Hope you find at least 15 minutes to create today. Poet Henry Van Dyke wrote  "Use what talents you possess; the woods would be very silent if no birds sang except those that sang best."

Piwacket

8 comments:

Barb in Mi said...

Linda: Your fabric usage is amazing! Good to hear 'house' things hvae been decided in your favor. And as for house project lists: they never end. No matter what. Happy sewing!

Cindy said...

I'm so happy for you that you get to keep the house. I on the other hand had decided I didn't want to stay in the house that held so many memories. Plus it was way to big for one person. Fast forward 11 years later and some days I think I should have kept it and yet I'm glad I didn't. Hey, how did the hair coloring go the other day?

Jennifer said...

Congrats on the house decision - that is really great news!

Lori said...

Glad about the news on your house, at least some same ole, same ole. I hate morning. but I wish I could get rid of some old stuff here, I just keep holding on to it. Glad your using so fabric to with Momcat.

Linda Lee said...

Thank you for letting your blogging friends know about the decision. I have been thinking about you. I'm sure the cats will be pleased not to have to adjust to new surroundings.

sewfunquilts said...

Hi Pi! Am sew glad that you and MomCat get to stay in the house. Moving is not fun..it's hard work.

Yes..definitely my 15 mins today has been a few hrs. of quilting. Love it.

Oh, almost forgot...Braveheart, Princess and Roxie say ..meow hello.

Laurie said...

You have used alot this year; I hope to catch up!

piecesofpatti said...

Glad to hear that you are keeping the house. Good job on getting things done! I hope August is a "finish it up" month for me!