The divorce is not yet final, and the house isn't up for sale just yet. The next few months are going to be about finishing up Christmas presents and preparing the house for sale. That means getting rid of things, repairs and painting.
The actual move requires:
- A finalized divorce decree requiring the selling of the home OR
- CatDaddy deciding he wants to live here and buying out Momcat's share
- Basic repairs of things such a plumbing, torn carpet, missing fence posts, etc.
- Painting and staging
- Selling the house (average time on market here is four months)
- Purchasing or renting a new house...which means traveling to North Carolina on a few occasions
Piwacket and Momcat